Churches Together in Poole
28th November @ The Greenhouse
· Welcome from Jackie
· Time of prayer
· Poole Conversations (PC) update: PC 2 will take place at the university 4.30-6.30pm on Jan 10th. Jackie Leswell (CTiP), Steve (Prama), Alistair (Faithworks) are representatives on Poole Leadership Board – looks at what needs are for the area & how to address. Includes Chief Exec of council & other influential figures.
Could all that’s happening in the area be put under the banner of ‘Love Poole’ to better publicise what services/help is available?
· Hope in the Community up & running in Poole – biggest need is for befrienders – please see Jill if you or anyone you know are interested. Unlike many befriending services they can offer long term visiting so meaningful relationships can be built. Also let Jill know if any churches are offering Christmas lunches
· Most neighbourly community/neighbourhood ‘competition’ to recognise and celebrate the importance of neighbourly communities – Closing date was 30th November. ‘Winners to be announced on 10th Jan at PC2.
· Poole Town Pastors to start on Dec 16th. Once a month for 2 hours or more. They have funding & police contributing further funds. Jackie needs more men to get involved!!
· Refugee Co-ordinator – Anita. Meeting to coordinate refugee support, Thurs 7th Dec 7.30-9 @ Gateway church, 502 Ashley Road, Parkstone.
· Mission on a Shoestring – Chaplaincy service to Poole Council employees badly needs funds – please help if you can. Especially valuable at a time with so much uncertainty & financial constraints on all council services. Restructuring taking place as councils merge.
· Movement Day – several CTiP church members/leaders went to movement day in Bristol – encouraged to see how prayer is changing things & can do the same for Poole. Please encourage intercessors to pray. CTiP prayer meeting 12.45-2 @ St Clements on 6th Dec @ St James Church.
· Elizabeth Woning, Wednesday 13th December 12.30 to 2.00pm, tea/coffee and cake supplied (please bring own lunch if desired), St Lukes Church Hall, Wellington Road BH14 9LF. Elizabeth was previously involved in promoting LGBT agenda & came to faith – now speaks on what God has done in her life.
· Interested in finding a discipleship course for your church an introduction to the Freedom in Christ discipleship course to held on Thurs 18th Jan 10-12, at Westcliff Baptist.
· Diversability run café on weds 11.30-2.30 @ Church of the Good Shepherd – do use, really good café & great to see people of different abilities working together.
· CTiDorset service – ST Peters Church, Bournemouth 3rd Jan, 11am. For those who have suffered loss/bereavement as a result of violence.
· Christian Aid week – 13-19 May, sponsored event will be on 12th May
· Week of prayer – 21st Jan, 6.30pm @ Church of the Good Shepherd.
· Dates for next year:
March - Thurs 22nd, Parkstone URC
June – Weds 27th, St Clements
Sept – Tues 25th, St Peters
Nov – Weds 28th – GCC
· We closed in prayer