21st September 2017 @ St Clements, Parkstone
1. Welcome from Jackie
2. Time of prayer
3. Poole Conversations (PC) update: Alistair gave update on outcomes to date from PC:
4. Hope in the Community up & running in Poole & Bournemouth (see also below), Most neighbourly community/neighbourhood ‘competition’ to recognise and celebrate the importance of neighbourly communities – leaflets coming out in November with launch at Poole Conversations 2 on 10th January 2018 at the university. Poole Town Pastors launched – see below. App now ready that maps out what services different churches/charities can offer. Data being input prior to launch – will allow people to know where clubs/support groups/foodbanks etc. are located/when they are.
5. Poole Town Pastors – launched on 14th September, already have 12 volunteers signed up. Initially will operate in Poole Old Town on Saturday afternoons and early evening. Possibly may extend to Ashley Cross & other days in the future. Police, council are fully committed. Pastors will always operate in teams with backup provided by direct link with police community support officers. Contact Jackie Leswell if you want to be involved. Need to have been part of church community for 1 year, application form, 2 references & DBS required.
7. Breathing Spaces – run by Emily Bradbury. Based on Christian spirituality – a resources for living well, primarily aimed at non-Christians. Space 4 Life is a drop in café in the Dolphin Centre, Poole, located in the climbing centre, Tues 10-12 – aimed at non-Christians or those interested in setting up their own breathing spaces events – not for existing church members. During the morning there is community notices, a meditation using reflective music, creative art activities and a Christian based thought for the day. Breathing Spaces can help you to set up your own event. There is a November training day for those wanting to do this. Breathing Spaces also offer one off events that non-Christians can come to – next ones are in Jan/Feb 2018. If you want to be involved see Emily. Volunteers need to love Jesus, love people and have compassion & courage.
8. Andy from Urban Saints – newly appointed to cover Poole &Bournemouth with remit to facilitate the set up of new Urban Saints groups, resource those doing youth work in local area & gather volunteers together. Call Andy on 07907776407. Targeting age groups 11-13, 13-15, 15-18.
9. Crisis funding – available from council. 01202 633713. Applicants have to apply at beginning of benefit application process. There is no help available later on. Universal credit coming in in Poole next month for new benefit applicants.
10. Public Spaces Protection Order being proposed by Poole Council to exclude those who are homeless, have drug or alcohol issues from town centre & old town – will prevent access to Routes to Routes and end soup run. Please write to local councillors to protest. Those present felt order to be very unjust. Council consultation on proposals ends 16th October.
11. Churches Together in Dorset Quiet Day - @ Liveability, Holton Lee, 30th Sept 10-3.30pm
12. Prayer 4 Poole – last Monday in month @ St James Church (lounge in the church) 7.30-8.30pm
13. Please pray for Winchester & Portland Prisons – in crisis
14. CTiP – website has basic information – if you want to develop this talk to Chris Strain - he’d be very happy!
15. Next meeting 28th November at The Greenhouse, 17 Burton Road